Do you often use insulating materials? Insulation material is the basis and guarantee for the development of electrical products. It has a special important role in the development of electrical machinery and electrical industry. Insulation material is the key to advanced technical technology of electrical products, and it is also an important guarantee for long-term safe and reliable operation of electrical products. The following describes the definition and application of insulating materials.
Insulating material, also known as dielectric, refers to a substance that is non-conductive or has a small conductive electrode under the action of a direct current voltage, and its resistivity is generally greater than 1010 Ω·m.
The main function of the insulating material is to isolate the charged conductors of different potentials in the electrical equipment, so that the current can flow in a certain path, and can also be mechanically supported and fixed, as well as arc extinguishing, heat dissipation, energy storage, moisture proof, mildew proof. Or improve the potential distribution of the electric field and protect the conductor. Therefore, the insulating material is required to have as high an insulation resistance, heat resistance, moisture resistance as possible, and a certain mechanical strength is required.
1. Insulating varnish: It is mainly composed of synthetic resin or natural resin as the paint base and some auxiliary materials. According to the use, it is divided into impregnating varnish, enameled wire lacquer, covering lacquer, silicon steel lacquer and anti-corona lacquer. It is mainly used as an insulating material in motors and electrical equipment.
2. Insulating glue: This is similar to solvent-free paint. It has a large viscosity and is usually filled with filler. There are mainly kinds of infusion glue, pouring glue and encapsulating glue.
3. Mica products: It is mainly composed of mica or powder mica, adhesives and reinforcing materials. According to different material compositions, mica insulation materials with different characteristics can be made. Mica products mainly include mica tape, mica plate, mica foil and mica glass.
4. Gas dielectric insulation material: In electrical equipment, gas can be used as insulation material, but also has arc extinguishing, cooling and protection. Commonly used gas insulation materials are air, nitrogen, sulfur dioxide and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6).
5. Liquid insulating material: In electrical equipment, the impregnation and filling of the insulating liquid eliminates the air and the gap, improves the breakdown strength of the insulating medium, and improves the heat dissipation condition of the device. Commonly used are transformer oil, circuit breaker oil, capacitor oil, cable oil and so on.
Measures to prevent damage to insulation materials
(1) Do not use electrical products that are not of acceptable quality.
(2) Select the correct electrical equipment according to the working environment and conditions of use.
(3) Properly install electrical equipment or wiring as required.
(4) Use electrical equipment according to technical parameters to avoid overvoltage and overload operation.
(5) Correct selection of insulating materials.
(6) Conduct insulation preventive tests on electrical equipment according to the specified period and project.
(7) Appropriately improve the insulation structure.
(8) Avoid the mechanical damage of the insulation structure of electrical equipment during handling, installation, operation and maintenance, and be affected by moisture and dirt.
Nowadays, insulation materials are constantly developing new varieties, improving product performance and quality to meet the needs of the continuous development of electrical products. Jecsany has extensive experience in electrical equipment and power tools, and welcomes friends from all over the world to visit and cooperate.
Jecsany Electrical Equipment is a professional supplier specialized in polymer insulators, porcelain/glass Insulator, and insulator fittings. Get more details about our company and products, please visit our website.