Views:168 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-01-03 Origin:Site
The main function of the cable connector is to make the line smooth, keep the cable sealed and ensure the insulation level at the cable connector, so that it runs safely and reliably. If the seal is not good, not only will the oil-soaked paper dry out due to oil leakage, but moisture will also penetrate the inside of the cable, reducing the insulation performance. This article tells you how to deal with the problem of cable joints.
1. After the cable is finished and treated, tinned wire end can resist oxidation , it avoiding heat and burns due to poor contact. If it is not tinned, you can use a professional drill to wind the wire firmly to 6 to 7 turns when connecting the wires, which can also have a good antioxidant effect.
2. Use crimping pliers. This is generally used when handling broken wires. The method is to wrap the two wires, then put a copper tube at the connection, press them with crimping pliers, and finally wrap with the waterproof tape. This makes the connection very firm and won't appear loose.
3. Use professional terminal blocks for wiring. This method is more suitable for multi-strand wires, and it will be more convenient when replacing the wires later. The only disadvantage is that it will increase the cost of hydropower, but it is undeniable that this is a very standard wiring method.
1.It is best not to install the cable joint under rainy weather, because water in the cable will seriously affect the service life of the cable, and even cause serious short-circuit accidents!
2. Read the manufacturer's product manual carefully before making the cable connector. This is especially important for cables of 10kV and above! Think of all the processes before you do it.
3. For terminal connectors of single core armored cables above 10kV, remember that only one end of the steel strip can be grounded!
4. The copper pipe cannot be pressed too hard, as long as it is crimped into place! After crimping, the copper end face is bound to have a lot of raised points. This must be flattened with a file, without leaving any burrs!
5.When using a torch for a heat-shrinkable cable connector, pay attention to the torch moving back and forth. It cannot continuously supply fire in only one direction. The size of the cold-shrinkable cable connector must be strictly in accordance with the drawings, especially the support in the reserved pipe is drawn out.
6.If the fork joint connect to the wire, you can use a special crimping pliers, but without crimping pliers can also use ordinary pliers, insert the wire into the hole at the end of the terminal, and then clamp with pliers. If you have crimping pliers, just plug the wire and put it in the clamp.
Do you know how to use the cable connector through this article? If you have any questions about cable accessories, electric fittings, electrical insulators, switchgear, electric cables, electrical power, welcome to ask our power experts.