Surge arrester thermal explode type disconnector is a device for disconnecting an arrester from the system in the event of arrester failure, to prevent a persistent fault on the system and to give visible indication of the failed arrester. The thermal explode disconnectors meet the standard of IEC60099-4.
Thermal explode type disconnector only works if power frequency fault current flows through the device during a failure. It does not work during the surge current.
We have various shape design: JDC-01, JDC-02, JDC-03.
1. Long duration current impulse 2000μs: 600A
2. High current impulse 4/10μs: 100KA
3. Current-time characteristic:
Power frequency current (A rms)
Time in seconds
Same as the surge arrester connected.
1. Reliability and excellent protection based on years of experience and expertise in surge protection.
2. Good anti-moisture capability, resistant to pollution.
3. It is available for the metal oxide surge arrester, composite metal oxide surge arrester and porcelain metal oxide surge arresters.
4. Long life and light weight.
5. Easy installation and maintenance.
6. Good sealing capability to ensure reliable operation.
7. High energy absorption ability.
Suitable for all kinds of metal oxide surge arrester in the voltage of 220kV and below.