Views:274 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-08-14 Origin:Site
1. Low resistivity: the resistivity of aluminum core cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper core cable.
2. Good ductility: the ductility of copper alloy is 20*40%, the ductility of electrical copper is more than 30%, while the ductility of aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. Strength: the allowable stress at room temperature, copper is 7-28% higher than aluminum. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is even greater.
4. Anti-fatigue: Aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity index, copper is also about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability and corrosion resistance: The copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while the aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
6. Heavy current carrying: Due to the low resistivity, the copper core cable of the same cross-section is about 30* higher than the allowable current carrying current (passable current) of the aluminum core cable.
7. Low voltage loss: Due to the low resistivity of the copper core cable, the same current flows in the same section. The voltage drop of the copper core cable is small. The same transmission distance can guarantee a higher voltage quality; under the conditions of allowable voltage drop, the copper core cable can reach a longer distance, that is, the power supply coverage area is large, which is beneficial to network planning and reduces the setting of power supply points. A few miles.
8. Low heating temperature: Under the same current, the heating of the copper core cable of the same cross section is much smaller than that of the aluminum core cable, which makes the operation safer.
9. Low energy consumption: Due to the low electrical resistivity of copper, it is obvious that copper cables have low power loss compared to aluminum cables. This is beneficial to improve the utilization rate of power generation and protect the environment.
10. Anti-oxidation and corrosion resistance: The performance of the connector of the copper core cable is stable and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. When the connector of aluminum core cable is unstable, the contact resistance will increase due to oxidation and heat will cause accidents. Therefore, the accident rate is much greater than that of copper core cables.
11. Convenient construction: The copper core is flexible and the allowable bending radius is small, so it is convenient to bend and easy to wear. The copper core is resistant to fatigue and repeated bending is not easy to break, so the connection is convenient; the copper core has high mechanical strength and can withstand more The large mechanical tension brings great convenience to construction and laying, and also creates conditions for mechanized construction.
For more information of Jecsany products of overhead transmission line, please visit the website of Jecsany: www.jecsany.com